Friday, April 10, 2020

Standoff

We had ourselves a good, old fashioned standoff last night. My moddler refused to go to bed. She kept getting up to run off, screaming, "yee-haw" for some unknown reason. Apparently cowgirls don't sleep. Who knew? Anyways, I made her lay back down and told her that I was going to turn the tv off if she got up again because I'm "that mom" that allows her kids to watch a movie to unwind after a long day. She grabbed the remote, but I wrestled it from her. She gave me the most devious grin and got back up, running towards the door, but stopped to turn and face me. There we were, standing on opposite sides of the room with neither of us willing to yield. I grabbed the remote and told her that I was done trying to negotiate with a tiny terrorist. She leaned in towards me, grinned from ear to ear, and whispered, "do it. Turn off." I could not believe the ovies on this child. I kept eye contact as I pushed the power button on the remote, but nothing happened. I turned towards the tv to figure out what the hell was going on when I heard her tiny giggles. I turned back towards her to see her holding out a battery with her dirty digits. It's so frustrating getting outsmarted by a child that can't even wipe their own ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment