Monday, April 6, 2020

Were you asleep?

I scared the shit out of my oldest last night. I got up to use the bathroom and heard a noise coming from her room. I sort of forgot she was home. To be fair, this whole ordeal feels a lot like summer to me. The kids are home all day, driving me crazy and she only comes down for sustenance to feul her sarcasm induced pre-teen angst before climbing back into her black hole of a bedroom. Plus, my oldest usually stays with my parents when there isn't school. It started so she could help my mom through her chemo complications and now they're just really close. Anyways, I heard movement and I panicked. I grabbed the Macbook, which in hindsight was not the smartest move. Maybe, subconsciously, I planned to size up the intruder and if they we're large, I'd just give it to them as an offering because I don't think I could use it as a weapon, not because of it's lack of durability but because of it's insanely high price tag. I slowly climbed the stairs so they wouldn't squeak. I didn't want to give away my advantage. I was holding this damn laptop as if it were a loaded shotgun as I turned the corner like I was playing COD. Then, my dumb ass kicked in her door. She jumped and yelled. I almost dropped my exorbitant imaginary fully automatic Macbook. She screamed, "I'm sleeping!" I froze and all I could say was, "holy fuck! There are 4 of you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment