Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Ankles

Apparently we're calling our ankles "floks" now. I don't know if she's trying to combine the words foot and leg or if she's just doing it because it sounds extremely similar to fuck and we've been working exceedingly hard trying to get this crass curtain climber to stop swearing because she's going to be going into early preschool. Since she's been doing speech therapy and her speech has improved, she's caught on to the worst possible words. The past few days, she has been saying "wat a heck" instead of "wat a fuck" and says "oley apoli" instead of "oley shit" so I thought we were getting somewhere. All day today though, she's been saying "flok" and I've been bitching about it. I didn't know what she was referring to so I keep correcting her, but it didn't seem to make a difference. She's been at war with this damn cat all day and I thought she was just screaming "fuk" at it. Well, I just watched the cat jump out from under the table and attack her ankle like she was a fucken lion and my moddler's foot was an impala. She cried and yelled "FLOK" before coming over to demand I kiss it. I should have known she wasn't yelling directly at this asshole feline because she didn't say, "fuk off" which is usually her term of choice. I can not win with this one. I guess we'll just take our "floks" and go to bed. 🤦🏼‍♀️😳

No comments:

Post a Comment