Thursday, February 6, 2020

Depression

A lot of people talk about the effects of depression, but not many people discuss how it affects your relationships. Last year, I was suffering from the worst depression I've ever had. Physically, I was present, but emotionally, I just wanted to end everything. Every new day felt like a burden instead of a gift. My marriage was falling apart, the weight of my moms illness was weighing heavily on me, my life felt pointless, and I felt absolutely alone. I felt it, but more importantly, my kids felt it. They knew that I wasnt happy. They knew that I was struggling and it showed in their behavior and on their faces. This past year has brought a lot of things, but most importantly, it has helped me to become the person and mother I knew I could be. I've grown so much. This years Christmas picture is proof of how my life has improved and shows just how my relationship with my children has flourished. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and I truly believe that. I'm so grateful for every lesson that we've been presented with this past year that has helped us to grow closer as a family. When they say a happy mother makes for a happy home, this right here is what they're talking about. I hope all of you have a great day and remember that your happiness as an individual and a parent is just as important as your little ones happiness. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment