Monday, February 17, 2020

Shredded Chicken

I really need some advice. My SIL sent me a recipe two years ago for pulled bbq chicken. It's a great alternative for me since I'm not really a fan of pork. My husband came home from work today and I asked him to shred the chicken since I had to run to the store real quick. I handed him the forks to use and I hurried to the bedroom as I scrambled to find a pair of clean pants that would fit over my fat ass since I haven't left my house to go out in public to be surrounded by people in a very, very long time. It is cold out so I'm still in hibernation mode. I finally just threw on pajama pants because I was just over it and didn't care anymore. So, I come out of the bedroom and this man is sitting on the couch, all nice and relaxed. I looked and the forks were sitting on the counter, CLEAN. I started to get pissed. I went over and pointed at the crockpot and said, "I asked you to do this!!" He just stared at me with that "I did" look so I opened the lid and all six pounds of chicken are perfectly shredded. PERFECTLY!! It was beautiful. It took him like 3 seconds. I asked how he did it and he said, "I used the mixer?" 😐😐😐 Two years. That is how long I've been making this recipe. This same man has watched me shred SO MUCH fucken chicken. He's watched me use forks to pull apart piece by piece, pound by pound. He's heard me bitch that my hands were cramping and watched me take a wine break while doing this tedious task. I have done it the same fucken way every single time and I've made this exact same recipe AT LEAST three times a month for the past two years!!!!!!!!
My question for you ladies is, should I use roses or tulips for the funeral? I want it to be classy with undertones of DON'T HIDE SHORTCUTS FROM YOUR WIFE!!

Also, if nobody ever told you, a mixer can shred chicken. You're welcome. 🤷🏼‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment